Accreditation of SHIs
The definition of accreditation in terms of the Social Housing Act 16 of 2008 means the screening, evaluation, provisional and final accreditation by the SHRA that will, amongst other things, allow a social housing institution to access grants available under the social housing programme. Therefore, all institutions who intend to carry out the business of social housing must be accredited and regulated by the SHRA. The SHRA must, subject to the provisions of the act, accredit institutions meeting accreditation criteria as social housing institutions (SHIs). Accreditation is granted for 3 – 5 years and all applications are processed within 90 days.
If you would like to apply for accreditation, please familiarise yourself with the following information to assist you with your application:
- Accreditation Assessment Template (Used by the SHRA during assessment)
- Business Plan Assessment Template (Used by the SHRA during assessment)
- Guidelines on how to submit documents to the SHRA
Also provide the following required information:
- Populated QSA Template;
- Signed and populated Accreditation Application Form;
- Signed and populated Qualification of Directors Form;
- SHI Accreditation Application Information to be provided;
- Submit evidence of land availability, land rights or prospects of land acquisition for development of a project .
The accreditation application cycles are only in the following months:
Cycle 1. 1-31 May 2020
Cycle 2. 23 July 2020 – 21 August 2020
Cycle 3. 17 October 2020 – 17 November 2020
Cycle 4. 16 January 2021 – 15 February 2021
The turnaround time for new applicants is 90 days. Please note: We will not accept Manual Applications or Documents in JPEG format. Kindly adhere to the Guidelines for submission of documents. All applications must either be emailed to email@example.com in a sequenced format or sent via courier on a memory to the SHRA offices.